The NODUS project – in its initial phase – implemented under the URBACT II program.
Housing & Planning: integration of urban regeneration policies in the general regional development policies (Housing & Planning: Integration of urban regeneration policies in the general regional development policies).
Since mid-2008, MBRP has participated in the NODUS project – Housing & Planning: Integration of urban regeneration policies in the general regional development policies, which is a continuation of the CIVITAS.NET project. This project is being implemented under the URBACT II program. The theme of the project is the integration of urban revitalization policies into regional policies, relating mainly to housing, planning and transportation.
The Working Group is addressing the issue of how urban projects, carried out within the framework of revitalization programs, affect the balance of metropolitan and regional land use. It attempts to coordinate regional spatial planning with urban revitalization policies leading to strengthening the positive impact of urban, revitalization projects on regional development, and to maximize the positive impact of those regional policies that contribute (or could contribute) to the success of city-led revitalization activities. Conclusions and solutions developed as part of the project will be applied in drawing up (updating) future program documents of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship, e.g. development strategy, spatial development plan or Provincial Program for the Care of Monuments.
The leader of the project is the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of the Region of Catalonia, Spain), the other partners taking part in the work of the project are: Emilia Romagna Region (Italy), the City of Amsterdam, the City of Katowice, the City of Dobrich (Bulgaria), and the Alba Iulia Region (Romania).
Substantive work is currently underway. In the project, four thematic areas have been identified, which each partner must discuss in detail based on the example of their experience. These topics are:
- identification of the supra-local level of administration – identification of the administrative level that could be the basis for the development and integration of revitalization projects with regional spatial policy, identification of problem areas – identification of real indicators, universal for all cities/regions, for the designation of problem areas, designation of these areas and debate on the mechanisms and criteria for identifying these areas,
- topics of intervention programs carried out in problem areas – determination of the content of intervention programs necessary for implementation in the designated areas (internal integration of sectoral policies in a specific area),
- monitoring of the sustainable functioning of intervention activities – definition of mechanisms to control and guarantee the sustainable impact of interventions throughout the area, both territorially and functionally, allowing the creation of links to coordinate revitalization policies with spatial, sectoral and strategic planning.
At the same time, in accordance with the requirements of the URBACT II program, a Local Support Group was organized to help clarify needs and identify the best ideas and practices proposed for use in the project. Also, it verifies the work and results of the project during and after its completion.
The Mazovia Support Group consists of:
- representatives of the Office of Housing Policy of the City of Warsaw,
- representatives of the Warsaw School of Economics from the Department of Investment and Real Estate,
- representatives of the City Hall of Minsk Mazowiecki,
- representatives of the Radom City Hall,
- representatives of the Revitalization Forum Association,
- representatives of the Office of the Marshal of the Mazovian Voivodeship in Warsaw from the Department of Strategy and Regional Development.
As part of the project, a Local Action Plan is being prepared.